- Terms & Conditions
- Security Policy
Byretech Ltd will never share your data with any other organisation, this is our company policy.
Notice: This policy only applies to web sites hosted at and comprising part of the Byretech.com service and not to the companies, individuals, organisations or other websites to which there are links now or maybe in the future. Your use of this web site signifies your consent to us collecting and using personal information about you as specified below in accordance with this Policy. Should we choose to change our Policy for any reason, the changes will be posted here, so that you are always kept informed of how we collect and use your personal information, and when we may disclose it.
How Do We Collect Information About You and How Is It Used?
You may provide personal information when communicating with us.
You may order a product or a service and give your name, e-mail address, delivery address, credit or debit card number and expiry date so that the order can be processed and your products (or services where appropriate) delivered to you. You may also be asked for your telephone number. If you order online, we never see your card details. If you order over the telephone, we destroy your card details immediately after the transaction and we never store any card details at Byretech.
It may be that you provide to us details of credit or debit cards or bank accounts in order to make payments to us. Any such information ("confidential financial information") will be dealt with as described below.
We may use personal information collected about you to personalise your visits to our web site and recommend goods or services to you. We also use the information to help us develop the design and layout of our web site to ensure that our site is as useful as possible.
We may use personal information collected about you to let you know about functionality changes to our web site or changes to our terms and conditions of use.
Sometimes (and only in accordance with any preferences selected by you) we might use the personal information collected about you to let you know about, new goods, services or offers that you might find interesting. If you respond to us and wish to be removed from our data base we will comply with your wishes.
Byretech.com reserves the right to access and disclose individually identifiable information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate its systems properly or to protect itself or its users.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
When you order products, Byretech.com offers the use of a secure server via Sage Pay. The secure server software encrypts the information that you input before it is transmitted to us. In addition, we have strict security procedures covering the storage and disclosure of your information in order to prevent unauthorised access and to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998. This means that sometimes we may ask you for proof of identity before disclosing any personal information to you.
A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer's hard drive by your web browser. On revisiting this site our computer server will recognise the cookie, giving us information about your last visit. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance. If you choose not to receive cookies, you may still use most of the features of our web site, including purchasing items.
Back to Top
2. Terms & Conditions
- EU residents pay the VAT inclusive price (VAT at appropriate rate, currently 17.5%). Non-EU/exempt pay the exclusive price.
- Payment accepted by credit card, bank transfer/draft, postal/money order. Credit terms (14 + days) to approved accounts only (normally public sector and quoted PLCs).
- Personal cheques over £1,000 and business cheques take up to 14 days to clear. Express clearance available at a small charge.
- Delivery charges are calculated by weight. For products shipped outside the UK carriage will be charged at competitive rates to the client. Normally the safest most cost effective solution will be used.
- We do not warrant the suitability of goods for a particular purpose other than that intended, and you should check specifications and suitability with manufacturers before fitment of our products if you are unsure of the suitability.
- Goods are not sold on a trial basis.
- Goods offered subject to being unsold. In the event of non-availability of goods, we reserve the right to rescind the contract.
- All goods remain Byretech.com property until paid for in full.
- Fitment of product by the purchaser is at the risk of the purchaser and not the vendor/Byretech.com
- Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Minor specification variations do not entitle the purchaser to rescind the contract. Prices may change because of currency fluctuations.
- Claims for damage, non-functionality and mis-shipping must be made within seven days of receipt.
- After this date, and in all circumstances after 28 days, repair and not replacement will be offered.
- A restocking fee of up to 25% is charged on returns, which prove to be non-defective.
- All returns must be in stock condition and be authorised by Byretech.com.
- You are responsible for ensuring safe delivery of the returned item.
- We are not responsible for any consequential loss or expenses, howsoever caused, including incidental returns costs.
- If part of these terms is found to be unlawful, it shall not affect the validity of the remainder.
Errors and omissions excepted. A full copy of the terms and conditions is supplied on the reverse of every invoice, and is available on request.
Back to Top
If you buy using our Web shopping basket or by traditional order means and we are sending the goods to a UK postcode, then for any physical size or weight of order, there is no carriage charge for our standard next working day delivery service.
Our delivery charges are as follows:
- All products delivered to a residential UK postcode – Weight dependant – Please check by adding items to your shopping cart.
Deliveries to Isle of Wight / Isle of Man - – Weight dependant – Please check by adding items to your shopping cart.
- Deliveries to Northern and Southern Ireland – – Weight dependant – Please check by adding items to your shopping cart .
- Rest of the world – Weight dependant – Please check by adding items to your shopping cart.
We generally ship your order right away. You will normally receive your order within 1-2 working days. International orders are generally received in under 5 working days. We will e mail you to advise that the order has been shipped if the order has been placed via the internet.
Back to Top
4. Security Policy
Can you trust us? Can you trust the Net? What are the issues?
Q: Is Byretech.com a reputable company to deal with? How long have you been around?
Byretech.com started trading at the beginning of 2003, but our ideas go back to 1999 when we invented DripGuard. Byretech are committed to offering our clients a quality product at a competitive price. Our Quality control makes sure that you get what you order and if you don’t, we put your problem right quickly. We are also a limited company registered at companies’ house.
Q: What is post-sales customer service like? Are my full consumer rights intact?
We believe that by giving good customer service, you will buy from us again, and tell your friends. By giving bad service, we will lose you as a customer, and you'll tell your friends about that as well.
Naturally, your rights as a customer are at least as good as those laid down in the Sale of Goods Act 1979, (as amended by the Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994.) The most common query which arises from this legislation is how long does the right to reject faulty goods (s.35 of the 1979 act) exist. In common with virtually all web retailers, our period for such rejection is 28 days.
Q: Warranties on your goods?
All goods sold by Byretech.com are brand new and we offer a minimum 12 months warranty on all our products.
Q: Is it safe in general buying over the Web? Do Web companies really exist?
American economic researchers are predicting that consumer shopping over the Web will increase by 200-2000% each year for the next five years, making this method a serious development in shopping, comparable to the move from town centres to retail parks, and much bigger than telephone and print catalogue methods of remote or direct buying. There is no doubt that Web buying, e-shopping or whatever you want to call it is here to stay.
Why? Because there is no downside. The goods are cheaper, the range is wider, the information is more detailed, you don't have to go out, carry the items, park the car etc. Obviously buying garments, household and personal ornamentation and other items where the appearance is everything will always be offered in retail stores, but there will come a point where the only possible advantage of buying books, music, technology products, food, travel or event tickets etc. will be that you get it today instead of tomorrow.
Of course Web companies exist. Just because they don't have big offices or shops (that's why the stuff is cheaper by the way!) they are just as real. Look at the NASDAQ stock market in America to see how 'big' Web companies are.
We're now in the twenty-first century. E trading is the future of commerce.
Q: What about disclosing my credit card number? Will it be intercepted? Will Byretech try to defraud me?
First of all, you when you type your credit card number into the registration screen, our Web site is in secure mode. This means that your browser encodes what you type, and our server decodes it. Anyone 'listening' to traffic en route can make no sense of the number. This system, the 'Secure Socket Layer' works - every trading Web site uses it, and you can tell you are in secure mode when a little padlock appears at the top of the screen in the URL box when you go to pay for your item.
Secondly, if you are a UK resident using a UK-issued card for a transaction over £100, Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 protects you. This law says that if a trader defrauds you, the credit card company is equally liable for the debt, which means basically that they will refund you if an unauthorised charge is made to your card. In practice, the credit card companies refund you; charge back us (they have direct debit authority from our bank account) and then leave it up to us to sort it out with you. In practice, it is impossible to be cheated if you use a credit card over £100.
Finally, Byretech.com does not defraud people. Our reputation would be severely damaged if we did and no company wants that. We have internal security systems to stop the card numbers being viewed casually, but even if this did happen, you would still be protected under Section 75.
Think about this - people routinely give their credit card numbers over an unsecured telephone line every day. People allow shops and restaurants to take their cards to the back office for processing. People even leave their card behind bars to buy drinks. Why? Because of Section 75 - you can't lose!